Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Biopsy

Next step was to have a biopsy.  I was making sure the hospital had a payment plan because I had no insurance, the woman said, “You may also have to have an ultrasound that day. The ultrasound appointment is already set for 1:00. This made me a little nervous.“No one said anything to me about an ultrasound. Why would I need that?” The lady didn’t know, so she transferred me to someone else. The ultrasound would only be done if the doctors felt like it needed to be done, so the appointment was made just in case.

I decided I had better tell my parents. My mom said it would probably be nothing. I had a benign place taken out when I was sixteen years old. I found it through self-examination.

After everything was finished, I called my daughter. “I had the biopsy and they did an ultrasound.”

“I didn’t think you were going to need that.”
“I didn’t either, but I did. I saw it on the mammogram. It’s really small.”

They said I would have the results in 48 to 72 hours, which meant Friday at the latest.

Unbeknownst to me, I got a call at work on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 telling me to come to Medlink right away. When I got there, they told me about the results of the biopsy.

I came home.  I was crying when I came through the door. My daughter asked, “What? What is it, Mama?” She asked.

“I’ve got carcinoma.” I was shocked. My daughter was shocked. It’s something you never expect and something you are never prepared for.

I am a believer and I thought I would never have to go through anything like this. 


No comments: