Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Oncologist

My daughter said to me, “What if it’s caused by something I’ve done? I had been worrying about the boys and had talked about it way too much. Maybe I caused Mama to get sick. I told her that did not cause anything. We have and enemy and he comes to steal, kill, and destroy, I told her, “that I was not going to be one that he could destroy. “ I know the Word and I know healing belongs to me. I will fight the fight with God’s help and we will win.

I had to get some paperwork to take back to Medlink to file for insurance.
What happened next was a miracle. The lady at Medlink helped me fill out over twenty pages for Medicaid. That NEVER HAPPENS. Her mother had ovarian cancer, so she knew exactly what to put. Even better, I was approved THAT day!!!

It turns out this lady went to our church years ago. She was a godsend.  My primary care physician wanted me to see the oncologist first. I didn’t know why. He said that was his preference.
 I had an appointment with the oncologist for Thursday, August 4th.

On the way home from church, I asked my daughter to call Memaw to see if she saw the oncologist first. She said, “No, I went straight to the surgeon. I was wondering why you would see the oncologist first.

That night, my daughter and I both didn’t sleep much.  I had a horrible night because I thought I had messed up by agreeing to see the oncologist first. This was all new to me.  I didn’t know how everything worked.

Since the tumor was small, they recommended a lumpectomy. I had an appointment with the breast surgeon August 8th, 2016.

I told them, “I just want it out. Maybe they can do it this week!”

The surgery was scheduled for August 18th. Pre-op on August 11th.

My emotions were all over the place. I thought since everything else had moved so fast, the surgery would be that week. “It can’t come soon enough,” I said.
When it didn’t work out that way, I was disappointed.

I had stage 1 ductal carcinoma.

I felt so fragile. Everything in me felt like it was breaking.
Invasion of space- Meaning that everything in my household was about to change.
Invasion of privacy- Meaning people would be all in my business and I did not like it.

Lumpectomy on August 18, 2016.

No comments: