Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Second Mammogram

I went to the hospital to have the mammogram.

I knew my primary care physician got the results of the second mammogram. I called the doctor’s nurse. “Could you tell anything from the mammogram? If something is wrong with me, I want to know.”

“No, the only thing I see is a spot a 9 o’clock.  I told the nurse that  I’ve had to have a second mammogram, and it was nothing.”

My doctor called later that evening. “I’m just going to be straight with you. I’ve looked at the mammogram and it looks like it’s malignant.”

I broke down in tears.  My little world just got turned upside down and I felt like someone had punched me in the gut.

My daughter got mad saying, “That’s just a bunch of bull crap! That’s what they say! If God can raise me up when I was a sick preemie in the NICU, He is going to take care of you! You are not going down. You are going over!

My daughter and I went to the tent meeting that our church’s outreach was hosting. Everything was a blur. I never tell anyone about things that I go through, but  I did tell one friend and that was unusual because I am a very private person when it comes to things about me.


I received another call from St. Mary’s saying,”Before the biopsy could be scheduled, the hospital had to have orders from my primary care physician.”

I called my primary care physician and his nurse said, “He has twenty things on his desk. He will try and look at it. I was getting more and more frustrated.

My daughter came into the kitchen, saying, “Now Mama, you know you have to be nice to them.” My daughter didn’t really understand what was going on or the importance of that phone call.
I asked the receptionist on the phone, “You are going to get my orders, right?” The lady said the hospital had been bugging them all day about sending in orders. She assured me that they would.


I said, “Okay. The hospital said if they don’t have the orders by the end of business today, it will be two weeks before the biopsy can be scheduled.”

No comments: