Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Every Rose Has Its Thorn Part 4

I started going to domestic violence meetings, which really helped me a lot,  even if all they did was listen.  I really did not have anybody I could trust to talk to, so this was the perfect setup. I was around people who did not know me and I did not know them. Just the way I liked it. In the meantime, my mom and dad built a new house.  Me and my children lived with my parents two years.  It took that long to get my ex-husband to sign the papers. 

My dad gave me some land and I built a new house. It was the best thing that had happened to me in a long time.  A fresh start. Ladies, think on that one.  I always say, "This journey called life can either make you bitter or better."  I was bitter for awhile,  who wouldn't be. Everything we go through in life can be a stepping stone if we let it.  

I did deal with a fear of the unknown as I started back on my journey again.  Fear will stop you so dead in your tracks if you let it.  I chose to keep moving on.  One thing I hope as you continue reading my story that what I went through was to help someone else. You can make it, too. 

To be continued...

No comments: