Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Every Rose Has Its Thorn Part 3

After the ER visit, I had to make a police report. I had to relive the whole ordeal again. They asked all the questions and filed the report. I was just going through the motions to be honest with you. Filing the police report was the first step to putting to the pieces of my life and my children's life back together.

I hardly remember driving back home from the ER. Everything was just one big blur. My whole life was turned upside down. The home I had lived in for the past twelve years was just snatched like a magician would do if he pulled the table cloth from the table. I tried to sleep that night but of course that did not go so well. I woke as usual the next morning for go to work. Could you imagine having to go into work with bruising on both arms and on my neck? Still, I had to sit and do my job and endure the stares from co-workers. I had to start moving on with my life no matter how hard it was.

My new life begins.


My children and I started living with my parents again after all those years of being married and now this. I am thankful that we had a place to stay. My nightmare was still not over by a long shot. I went through a stage of depression that was absolutely unimaginable. I needed something to occupy my mind so I started painting these ceramic statues and bigger ones, too. This helped a lot. I would be so consumed with painting them. I never neglected my kids, though. I would wait untill they went to bed, and then I would paint away. I even let them help paint, too. I was not the only one dealing with issues.

To be continued...

2 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

My heart breaks for you reading these posts where you shared what you endured. I am so sorry and am thankful you made it out when you did! May the Lord richly bless your life.
P.S. Your daughter is so sweet & such a great writer too! I see where she gets it...both of you share from the heart.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so sorry!