Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Colonoscopy

Went back to my surgeon and everything checked out great with my last mammogram. He went on to ask me if I had ever had a colonoscopy? I said, no.

Needless to say before I left the office I had my surgery date scheduled. Sometimes your insurance wants you to have this because of having breast cancer in the past. So, you just bite the bullet and get it done.

As most of you might know you are given a gallon jug of liquid to drink the night before surgery. I mixed up the solution and put one packet of crystal lemon-lime in it. Then proceed to shake real well and refridgerate a few hours before drinking.

I had to drink 8 ounces of the mixture every 15 minutes. I got 3 glasses down and my stomach was already getting full. Not good!  Long story short. I drank about 75 percent of it and was worked out real good.

I had my colonoscopsy done that morning and everything checked out fine. Hooray!

Don't delay in getting this done. It could save your life.



No comments: