Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Trip to Blue Ridge Parkway

It's fall and the leaves always fall at this time of year. I live in Georgia and lots of our leaves have started turning. It's apple time and lots of people like to go take a trip to the mountains to see the leaves.

I have not been to Blue Ridge Parkway in twenty five years. The last time I went I was pregnant with twins. We could not even get to the Parkway. It was snowing and yes it was very pretty. 
So, my daughter and I planned to go up one day and enjoy the scenery. It was beautiful and I always go a different way than I came. I like going off the normal path most people take. I love taking pictures of nature. 

 Also, we went to Mount Mitchel State Park.  Even though it was paved, one park ranger said, "I don't think you can her up there." A female park ranger told us it would be no problem. It was only 300 feet, but steep. A nice couple helped us part of the way up and going back down. My daughter was in a wheelchair and I told her we had came all this way and there was no way that I was not going to push her to the top

My daughter told someone, when the man said, "You can't do it." My daughter thought to herself, "You don't know my Mama!" I always told my daughter, "Can't never could do anything."
Enjoy the pictures and if you're ever around Asheville North Carolina take a little time to go up and see Mount Mitchell. You won't be disappointed.









No comments: