Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Homemade Pumpkin

I went with my grandson and his mama to a pumpkin patch last week. I told him we would make a pumpkin pie out of the pumpkin I got. He came over today and we did lots of fun things like riding the golf cart, checking on my mama and daddy, seeing Auntie M.

I came in the house and asked was he ready to make the pie? He said, "yes."
So we get started. I am one of these that go by the recipe some and then do what I want to make it my recipe. My boss lady had brought me some real vanilla from Mexico and it was great. I used sugar cinnamon, apple spice, cinnamon, sugar, four eggs, cooked the pumpkin, and then put it in the shell.

It was really good. I am not a big pumpkin pie fan, but this was really good. I believe it had a lot to do with not using canned pumpkin. Made all the difference in the world. Also there was a pecan topping that could have been put on top, but I was out of pecans. I will try this for sure next time.  By the way this was my first ever homemade pumpkin pie.




No comments: