Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Three of Advocating For Another Carnival

Caregiving isn’t all sunshine and ice cream. We have days just like anybody else, lots of days that most people would never know we struggled. When I first got started caring for my child the main struggles I had was, how do I juggle being a parent, friend, and caregiver. One thing I can say it was trial and error. You learn as you go. I had to be firm beccause I was the parent so I just let my daughter be who she was. We had struggles everyday. She wore braces when she started walking and that was like a nightmare for me and her. Finding shoes that fit was very difficult, but we learned what would work. There are lots of things that come your way, but with God's wisdom we have been able to overcome so much. As for the friend part, well that had to be gained. Madison and I are strong willed people so we had some issues in our early years. Just like all children, Madison wanted her way a lot of times and didn't think I knew what I was doing. As time went by she has grown to respect me and I respect her. You have to have a mutual understanding. She had to realize that I had her best interest at heart. I taught both my children that they could always come to me and we would talk through things whatever it may be. When you do that as a friend and a parent it is so rewarding to know that they come to you and not some stranger that doesn't know anything about their life or what they've been through. Like anything else a relationship as to be honed. Just a little peek inside of our lives.

No comments: