Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dance Even In The Rain: Day Four: Silver Linings

What unexpected joys, lessons, experiences, or blessings have you found in caring for someone else? Just knowing that you've helped someone to become the best they can be is life changing whether they have a disability or not. I told my daughter once that "We all have a disability whether we realize it or not." Some road trips to the doctors and ER were fun because I made them that way. I have a way of just making things better in hard times. It is a time to build our relationship and really get to know one another as a person and not just a patient. When we started many years ago, Madison was very young. It wasn't to bad going to the doctor, we just did what we had to do to survive. As she got older she realized how hard it was going week after week. She really learned to appreciate what I was doing for her. The lessons I have learn is don't ever give up on someone. Sometimes you are the only hope that child or adult has.

No comments: