Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sliding



My sister's grandson had a birthday party. Everyone was there. Presents, cake, slides, and more. My grandson loves me to climb and slide with him. This day was no different. Up and down, Up and down.

I heard my someone tell me that my mama wanted to go up and I said, "We can do this."

She started up and came half way down. I said, "I thought you wanted to go up?" She said, "I know I did, but I don't think I can make it. I told her. that with my help she could So, up we go.

It was one more battle to get her all the way up. No handles to hold to. I took her hand and guided her up. She looked up at me and said, "Do you want me to have a heart attack? " I said, "No mama, you can do this. We joked, and I kept reassuring her that she would be fine.

Finally at the top she collapsed and said, "I did it!"

We all laughed. She was the one that wanted to go up.

She grew up hard. She lived in the mountains of North Carolina. Times were very hard. Things we take for granted she would have cherished in her day. Her parents never let her go to the fair, movie show, etc... Even at Christmas time she would get a pack of bobby pins and would be thrilled to get them.

To conquer the slide was a big thing to her on this day.

Mama came up and wanted to see the pictures. I told her, "She was scared and she said, "I wasn't scared" I said, "Mama I about had to push you up there. Lol! She was telling Madison that she was glad she done it. We had fun picking at her. She said, "I done good for a 75 year old woman," I said, "Yes, you did." She didn't get to do a lot of things when she was a kid. She is making up for lost time.

No comments: