Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Thinking Back

My children were born at 29 weeks. It was a long hard road. I had to learn to do things I never thought I would do. I learned all about heart monitors, brain bleeds, lungs, physical, occupational therapy, and so much more. The first year of my twins life consisted of numerous doctor appointments. One particular time I had to take them to a eye doctor. Preemies can have so many problems with their eyes. When the doctor checks them, they use a tool to keep their little eyes open so they can check their eyes. My little ones were screaming at the top of their lungs and it was so hard on me to hear them cry.  I found out that it was not painful, just scary for them. 
 I am a Gram to two fine little boys. They have brought such joy to my life. My oldest grandson was diagnosed with the flu two weeks ago. He is over that, finally. I get a call from his mama yesterday and he has the pink eye. Poor little guy. Can you guess the medicine they prescribed.. antibiotics, cough, and eye drops for itching. Do you have any idea how terrifying this was for my two and half year old grandbaby? 
I am going over and putting drops in his eyes. What I know is, all that I went through with mine was not for nothing. I knew he needed the drops to make him better. A Gram has to do, what a Gram has to do. I love you little fellow.

No comments: