Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Going for the Gold

Manteo Mitchell said, “I felt it break. I heard it. I even put out a little war cry, but the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear it. I wanted to just lie down. It felt like somebody literally just snapped my leg in half.” "I knew if I finished strong we could still get it around. I saw (teammate) Josh Mance motioning me in for me to hand it off to him, which lifted me. I didn't want to let those three guys down or the team down, so I just ran on it. It hurt so bad. I'm pretty amazed that I still split 45 seconds on a broken leg." Just like the Olympian we have the race of a lifetime in front of us. We have our company of believers cheering us on, plus a cloud of witnesses. ~Hebrews 12:1 (AMP) Like the Olympians we too must push past our pain and continue our race. We have people that work alongside of us to get God’s word into the earth. It’s not a one man show; we all have a part to play. When I’m weak and haven’t prayed much, then I know that I can count on people in the body to encourage me. I have been at a place personally that has been dry. I’ve been in pain physically, but the enemy was trying even harder to stop me in the spirit. He wants to get me focused on my circumstances. I know I can’t quit. I have somewhere to go in the spirit, and it’s not just for me. It’s for other people. One difference between Christians and Olympians is that we don’t have a huge crowd cheering us on. We have to know that we are pleasing God and one day we will get a reward that will not rust. I don’t have to have a medal all I need to hear is well done thy good and faithful servant.

No comments: