Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A days work

Last Friday I was told to go and take all the boxes to the pit and burn them. First let me tell you what the pit is --a place dug in the ground so that all the leftover stuff will get burned. So I loaded this deep deep wheelbarrow full of all kinds of things--Made several trips to get it all. I get the lighter and start the burning. I figured since it was in the pit I did not have to worry about the fire getting out. Ha was I ever wrong --just alittle got out and there was also the green grass that the fire would not burn. I was not to concerned about the fire getting out--but the fire did get out. Uh oh So now I go into the house and grab 2 tea jugs to take back as I go in the gate there is trough for the horses with water in it. I fill the jugs up and away I go. Made alot of trips. My employer had these guys there landscaping and I seen one of them waving his hands I looked and he wanted to know if I wanted the water hose I said yes. The fire was not to bad , it was going out alittle at a time. Now the guys that was a different story --one of them was just a running --he brought me the hose --I set out to putting the rest of the fire out. One thing I found out dung does not burn and guess what I did not know that. Imagine that. Dung was the hardest thing I had putting out. By the way that was all in a days work.

3 comments:

BK said...

Glad it didn't get to out of hand and you weren't hurt!

Madison Sanders said...

I have an award for you on my blog! Go check it out.

tam7777 said...

ha ha